Your Smoking Cessation in Windsor
Want to stop smoking? There is never a better time than the present, and with our stop smoking plan, it couldn’t be easier.
We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. You too can stop with our Smoking Cessation in Windsor.
Why giving up smoking is difficult?
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard. That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
Tips to help you quit smoking:
– Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
– You can also use different therapies to help you quit such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, or counselling. Find what works for you.
How Windsor Pharmacy’s Smoking Cessation Service can help!
Our pharmacists are accredited Stop Smoking advisors and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus, we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy. The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, nasal sprays and, if appropriate, we will prescribe Champix (varenicline) tablets to help relieve the craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping smoking.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Windsor Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.
Book in for your Smoking Cessation in Windsor by contacting us.
For further details on the national government ‘Go smoke free campaign’ please visit http://smokefree.nhs.uk